Do you have a product or service that you want to promote in Social Media? But you don’t know where to start?
Social media has revolutionised the way we do marketing, now we have so many choices of social platforms available, lots of businesses jumping online, and most of us are using social media to check out status, friends and news multiple times a day, therefore publishing a Facebook page, signing up for a Twitter and Instagram account are essential for your brand.
But, with so many other brands on social media, you have a little chance to get noticed, especially if you’re just starting out, don’t be sad! Every business has different goals and demographic, to be successful in the online world, you really need to know who is your audience and where they hang out.
Finding The Right Social Media Channel That Support Your Brand
- To promote a brand where the nature of the operation is business-to-business, you might want to consider LinkedIn, it’s better for business related content and connecting with corporate influencers.
- If your business produces a lot of high-quality graphics, you might want to show it off on Pinterest or Instagram, both of these platforms are great if you’re targeting young adult audiences. Check out my tips on how to “Rock Your Brand With Instagram”.
- Google+ can be a great platform if your business is in the technology industry and digital marketing.
Developing Social Media Strategy
It can take a lot of time to promote and develop your brand on social media, no doubt that social media is a fast paced environment where you need to continually promote your brand, especially if you are relying on organic search and clicks, you need to post status more often, but at the same time you don’t want to be spamming your audience news feed, therefore you need a quality contents, but who has time for that?
- Automate your post instead of manually pinning or posting status, unless you have a lot of free time on your hands, you might want to try one of these social media tools:
- You need to Engage with your followers and influencers, it’s really pointless if you don’t do this. After all, you want to expand your network and shows that you’re a human, not a robot who just posting things on their social media feed.
- Understand when is the right time to share your post, you might hit a jackpot (engagement rate, not money haha) if you know exactly the right time, which helps to optimise your post visibility.
- Make sure you only share a useful and high-quality contents, also content that helps you to build the reputation of your brand, so they know who you are, what you do and your brand promises.
Social media can be a powerful to find a new lead, but at the same time, it can waste a lot of your time if you don’t use it appropriately. Make sure you set a quality standard when you share a content, that should help to build your brand.